Wednesday 16 July 2014

Doctor Who...???

In honour of the Series 8 of Doctor Who coming back on screen on the 23rd August (two days before my birthday!!) I will share with you my favourite episodes from the recent series' (Christopher Eccleston to Matt Smith) and some of my favourite quotes. 

  • Vincent and the Doctor. One of the reasons I probably like this episode is because its written by Richard Curtis but its just so beautiful. "The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant."
  • The Crimson Horror. There's just something about Matt Smith's Yorkshire accent..
  • Planet of the Dead. Malcolm.. that is all!
  • The Lodger and Closing Time. JAMES CORDEN!! "Annihilate? No! No violence, do you understand me? Not while I'm around, not today, not ever. I'm the Doctor. The Oncoming Storm. And you basically meant beat them in a football match, didn't you?"
  • End of Time Part 1&2. Worst. Rescue. Ever! Plus I love how it shows what the companions are doing after their travels with the Doctor.
  • The Fires of Pompeii. This episode is not only set in my favourite historical era but also features a future doctor and companion, how awesome it that!!
  • Daleks in Manhattan. SPIDERMAN!!!
  • The Unicorn and the Wasp. Its Agatha Christie!! Plus it has lots of references to titles of Agatha Christie's books. "No, but isn't that a bit weird? Agatha Christie didn't walk around surrounded by murders, not really. I  mean that's like meeting Charles Dickens, and he's surrounded by ghosts, at Christmas"
  • Time Crash. Ok its a Children in Need Special but its pretty funny. "Hey, I'm the Doctor! I can save the universe with a kettle and some string and look at me! I'm wearing a vegetable!" 
  • The Doctor's Daughter. Just because Georgia Moffett is Peter Davison's daughter and David Tennant's wife!!
  • Day of the Doctor. There is just so many good moments!!
Plus many more but that enough for now!! Remember...... Bow Ties are cool!!

Would You Like a Jelly Baby??

No comments:

Post a Comment